Thursday 27 December 2012

2-Ingredient Blueberry Pie Filling Angel Food Cupcakes


This is another favourite from the Pinterest world. What could be better? Just two ingredients and they’re both basically healthy. Well, angel food cake is low fat and blueberry pie filling...has blueberries... Still healthy, right? 

Anyways, I had to investigate.




I started off just like the frugal girls recommend - about 22oz worth of blueberry pie filling and one box of angel food cake. 

I saved about 2 tablespoons of pie filling for topping later.




At this point, everything looked pretty gross. I was really worried that it would be a complete bust.

Internet, how could you let me down like that?!







When I baked them (about 20-25mins), they puffed up a lot
And then instantly caved in. 

So I let them cool upside down.

Now I’m really worried.






But it totally worked. Not beautiful or anything, but we can fix that.




Fluffy whipped cream fixes everything.




Now they’re beautiful.




And with a little blueberry drizzle, they’re kind of fancy.




And now they’re fun!




But at last, I needed to know: were they good.




Let’s just say that this was one of the only photos I took of this cupcake. I needed to finish it immediately.




They are so light, you won’t notice that you ate a whole cupcake (or 3) either.

But they’re healthy. So it’s ok.

B.Fab and Happy Baking!


Ingredients
  • angel food cake mix ONLY
  • 22 oz can blueberry pie filling
  • whipped cream

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine well cake mix and pie filling, reserving about 2 tablespoons of filling for topping if desired. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 mins until lightly browned on top. Allow to cool completely (upside down if necessary).

Top with whipped cream and additional pie filling.



1 comment:

  1. I just made them and they turned out so good! I think it might turn into a new go-to recipe. I used cream cheese frosting and it was really yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete