Tuesday 28 August 2012

Topper Tuesday: Butterfly Cupcakes


Cupcake toppers are a really easy way to dress up a cupcake. I'm always on the lookout for adorable ways to decorate for special occasions or just for fun. And of course, I'm always looking for really easy ways to do it.

It also makes a simple cupcake that I baked from a box into something special.




Last week I made some cupcakes for my friend's daughter's birthday. It was also my sister's birthday, so I adjusted the birthday-girl's sign for her. 




Shelby is not turning 4. But at 22 I thought she might find it funny. 



This is one of the simplest toppers I have done. Just frosting with a knife, some sprinkles, and 2 mini pretzels. I was honestly amazed at how well the pretzels stuck to the frosted body and the cupcake. 




You can even do this with canned frosting! But be sure that the frosting you use for the butterfly body is chilled so that it will stick to the pretzels well. Or you can use my buttercream frosting.



I love how whimsical they look. They might just fly right off their sprinkle-covered clouds!




But I hope not. Because I want to eat them.



All wrapped up and ready for 4-year-old consumption! 

They look kind of like caught butterflies. Sad face.



Happy birthday, Shelby!

B.faB and happy decorating!

*Idea from Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment